Looking for a nutrition activity to include in your school health or nutrition fair? Look no further!
Cooking with students is a great way to reinforce nutrition education in the classroom.
We have developed simple food and cooking activities that can be done by you and your students in your classroom or multipurpose room. The recipes are easy to prepare with minimal kitchen equipment, and feature a good balance of familiar and new ingredients that are kid friendly. Each cooking activity begins with a Mystery Food Can where students explore ingredients. Recipes are written in a child friendly language with each step described in great detail, making cooking clear and fun for students.
Activities and recipes are available by clicking on the links or contacting Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org for pdf's.
Before you Begin:
Recipes and Directions
- Advanced Prep Information for Couscous Salad and Rainbow Fruit Kebabs (page 1, page 2, page 3)
- Couscous Salad (page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6)
- Rainbow Fruit Kebabs (page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4, page 5, page 6)
- Advanced Prep Information for Greek Pasta Salad and Taco Skillet (page 1, page 2, page 3)
- Greek Pasta Salad (page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4)
- Taco Skillet (page 1, page 2, page 3, page 4)
Resources & Materials
These activities are an extension of Nüton nutrition education programs. Click here to learn more about other resources and training for teachers.