We provide up-to-date food and nutrition information about young children for those working in childcare settings across Manitoba:
Sessions Are For:
- Early Childhood Educators
- Program Administrators
Session Options Are:
- Feeding Little Tummies
- How to Raise a Good Eater
- How to promote a positive eating environment
- Food and nutrition topics specific to preschoolers
- Personal learning for participants
- Resources with age-appropriate information for the children in your care
- Hands-on: participants learn by doing
- Interactive: participants have lots of opportunity to exchange information and learn from each other during the program
- Practical: Information and activities address the everyday needs and experiences of those working in childcare
Our FacilitatorsWorkshops are developed and delivered by Registered Dietitians. One of our Registered Dietitians facilitates your workshop – we come to you, the site host and coordinator! All you need is:
- A minimum of 15 individuals confirmed to attend
- A two-three hour time slot
- A convenient location with tables, chairs, and AV equipment
How to Attend or Organize a FREE SessionContact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a session for your group now!
COMING SOON! Little Food Explorers: A program guide for Early Childhood Educators to help toddlers & preschoolers develop positive feelings about food & eating.CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
These newsletter inserts provide helpful tips and information on basic nutrition concerns for preschool-aged children. They can be used in any way your facility sees fit! For example, add them to your own newsletters going out to parents, caregivers and other childhood educators. Please contact us [insert link to contact form] for any additional information or resources.
Balanced meals and snacks
Preschoolers need healthy, balanced meals and snacks to grow, learn and play
Drinks for kids
When it comes to beverages, choose water in between meals and snacks.
Being active each and every day is good for all of us, including preschoolers!
Preschoolers should be active for three hours throughout the day — every day.
Preschoolers need small drinks during the day to stay hydrated.
Children (and adults!) need three types of activity for healthy bodies:
Making mealtimes pleasant
Picky eaters? Here are some helpful tips to make mealtimes easier.
If you have eating battles at the dinner table, you’re not alone!
Pickiness is not something to worry about; how you react is what matters.
When children move out of highchairs and booster seats, they often have a hard time sitting at the table to eat.