We provide up-to-date food and nutrition information about young children for those working in childcare: Early Childhood Educators, cooks and program administrators, as well as students in colleges across Manitoba.
Session Options Are:
- Feeding Little Tummies
- Children and Weight; A Heavy Burden
- How to Raise a Good Eater
- Current healthy eating information with practical ideas for action
- Food and nutrition topics specific to preschoolers
- Personal learning for participants
- Resources with age-appropriate information for the children in your care
- Hands-on: participants learn by doing
- Interactive: participants have lots of opportunity to exchange information and learn from each other during the program
- Practical: Information and activities address the everyday needs and experiences of those working in childcare
Workshops are developed and delivered by Registered Dietitians.
How to organize a FREE workshop
It’s simple. One of our Registered Dietitians facilitates your workshop; you act as the site host and coordinator. All you need is:
- A minimum of 15 individuals confirmed to attend
- A two-three hour time slot
- A convenient location with tables and chairs, and AV equipment.
How to Attend or Organize a session
Email email@example.com to request a session for your group now.
Resources & Materials
Early Childhood Education Activities
Preschoolers learn best through hands-on experiences. Teach them about healthy eating through role playing, cooking activities, food-related games with descriptive language, or by setting a good example via your own food choices and eating habits. View the activities on the Dairy Farmers of Manitoba website.
Additional Program Resources
These free resources teach preschoolers about healthy eating in a fun way.
Shop Support Materials
Visit the Dairy Farmers of Manitoba online store to order support materials such as a Food Puzzle, Food Picture Cards, and other helpful learning resources.
Nutrition for Early Learning and Child Care Provincial Initiative
This is a provincial initiative which provides nutrition resources and services to all licensed child care facilities in Manitoba. Some of the resources and services available through the initiative are:
- Website with many practical resources like newsletter inserts and child friendly recipes
- Nutrition Handbook for Early Learning and Child Care
- Toll-free line (1-888-547-0535) for questions about nutrition and child care
- Workshops and webinars - request one to address your specific challenges, or attend a per-scheduled learning session
- Site visits - request a registered dietitian to come to your facility and work with you individually (i.e. menu review, challenging situations)
- eNews - learn about upcoming events, new resources and receive a quarterly eNewsletter. Sign up here
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org