- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS
We provide up-to-date food and nutrition information about young children for those working in childcare: Early Childhood Educators, cooks and program administrators, as well as students in colleges across Manitoba.
Session Options Are:
- Feeding Little Tummies
- Children and Weight; A Heavy Burden
- How to Raise a Good Eater
- Current healthy eating information with practical ideas for action
- Food and nutrition topics specific to preschoolers
- Personal learning for participants
- Resources with age-appropriate information for the children in your care
- Hands-on: participants learn by doing
- Interactive: participants have lots of opportunity to exchange information and learn from each other during the program
- Practical: Information and activities address the everyday needs and experiences of those working in childcare
Our FacilitatorsWorkshops are developed and delivered by Registered Dietitians. How to organize a FREE workshop It’s simple. One of our Registered Dietitians facilitates your workshop; you act as the site host and coordinator. All you need is:
- A minimum of 15 individuals confirmed to attend
- A two-three hour time slot
- A convenient location with tables and chairs, and AV equipment.
How to Attend or Organize a sessionEmail email@example.com to request a session for your group now.
Resources & MaterialsComing soon.
Nutrition for Early Learning and Child Care Provincial InitiativeThis is a provincial initiative which provides nutrition resources and services to all licensed child care facilities in Manitoba. Some of the resources and services available through the initiative are:
- Website with many practical resources like newsletter inserts and child friendly recipes
- Nutrition Handbook for Early Learning and Child Care
- Toll-free line (1-888-547-0535) for questions about nutrition and child care
- Workshops and webinars - request one to address your specific challenges, or attend a per-scheduled learning session
- Site visits - request a registered dietitian to come to your facility and work with you individually (i.e. menu review, challenging situations)
- eNews - learn about upcoming events, new resources and receive a quarterly eNewsletter. Sign up here
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org