Teacher Training | Kindergarten & Grade 1
Contest time! Register for an upcoming teacher workshop and be entered to WIN a classroom library of food-related books!
Winner will be drawn randomly at one of our Food Explorers workshops.
***Contest closes November 30th, so register before then to enter your name!***
Food Explorers relies on experiential learning and tasting, to help kindergarten and grade 1 students have fun exploring a variety of foods.The Food Explorers teacher workshop helps you guide students through hands on food experiences that focus on the mysteries of tastes to concrete, first-hand experiences with food, focusing on the mysteries of tastes, textures and colours of food. The program includes preparation of simple recipes and encourages students to try new foods.
This interactive teacher workshop will include:
- Training on current childhood nutrition recommendations & best practices and effective classroom nutrition education
- There is a one-time cost of $20 to purchase the initial kit – teacher guide, recipe cards and stickers. Student materials and any updated content are supplied annually free of charge.
- Teacher guide with classroom activities
- Class set of recipe collector cards (re-supplied annually at no cost)
- Class set of colourful stickers (re-supplied annually at no cost)
- Ideas for fun and nutritious classroom snacks (and samples of course!)
- A Make and Take - Mystery Can for nutrition activities
Nutrition is a cross-curricular topic. Meet outcomes in many other subjects while teaching nutrition.Contact us to learn more
What comes with the program
The following resources are provided at no cost to workshop participants
Teacher guide with classroom activities
Recipe cards and stickers
Ideas for fun and healthy classroom snacks
A Mystery Can for nutrition activities