Disciplined vs. Disordered Eating:
How to Promote Nutrition and Performance without Triggering Obsession
Jessica Setnick, RD, expert in eating disorders
Jorie Janzen, RD, expert in health and performance
Clean eating and diets are all the rage, but what happens when they are taken too far?
When does eating clean go from being healthy to unhealthy? Eating disorders and orthorexia, an unhealthy obsession with eating healthy food, are known, but not well understood, often going unrecognized and untreated. This nutrition forum aims to empower educators, health care professionals and coaches to identify when students, adults, and athletes are on a slippery slope from disciplined to disordered eating and learn how to promote a positive relationship with food while keeping healthy, well, and performing.
This full day continuing education event will feature Jessica Setnick, registered dietitian and expert in understanding and treating individuals with eating disorders. A special focus on nutrition and athletes will be presented by sport dietitian Jorie Janzen.
Goals of this year’s Nutrition Forum include empowering educators, health care professionals and coaches to:
- Identify dysfunctional and disordered eating
- Understand strategies for treatment and recovery
- Prevent unintended consequences in nutrition education and athletic coaching
- Promote positive relationships with food
After attending Nuton Forum participants will:
- Understand the history of healthy diets, clean eating and where we are today.
- Understand the individual behind the eating disorder. How does health and discipline become disordered?
- Learn the difference between dysfunctional eating vs eating disorder (non-sport perspective & sport perspective)
- Learn what is Orthorexia
- Explore strategies to promote a healthy relationship with food (non-sport perspective & sport perspective)
- Explore strategies for eating disorder treatment and recovery (non-sport perspective & sport perspective)
Cost to attend: $90.00
Thursday, March 7, 2019
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel
1715 Wellington Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0G1
Written notice is required 7 business days prior to March 7, 2019. Cancellations received after February 25, 2019, there will be no refund.
Nutrition Forum 2019 is presented in partnership with:
Looking for more information and eating disorder treatment training?
Jessica Setnick, RD will be hosting a 2-day Eating Disorder Boot Camp following Nutrition Forum on Friday & Saturday March 8 and 9.
Register at: EatingDisordersBootCamp.com
For more info contact: Jorie Janzen at email@example.com
Sorry, registration is now closed. Please check back again, or join our mailing list to be the first to know when registration opens.