Get the most out of life: Sleep well, play well, eat well, be wellDo you educate and support children or adults in healthy living? Join us for a day of exploring strategies for helping youth, parents and adults make these pillars of health a priority. Sleep, physical activity, nutrition and mindfulness impact education, work, health and wellness; yet, many children, teens and adults don’t get enough. Stress, anxiety, behaviour issues, low self-esteem, and distorted body image are common; while self-care, self-compassion, and joy often get overlooked. This year's Nutrition Forum will highlight a balanced and integrated approach to health. With the help of sleep researcher and expert Diana McMillan, RN, PhD, Mark Tremblay, MSc, PhD, CSEP-CEP, Chair of the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines Committee and Chief Scientific Officer of the ParticipACTION Report Card, and Mindful Eating expert Megrette Fletcher, M.Ed., R.D., CDE we will explore the role that sleep, physical activity, nutrition and mindfulness play in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and learn strategies to help others get the most out of life. This includes:
- Learning about sleep and the circadian rhythm, recommended hours of sleep, and a review of how Canadians are doing when it comes to sleep.
- Understanding how the lack of sleep is affecting the nutrition and mental health of children and adults.
- Learning about the new whole day approach to the Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Understanding mindful eating for children and adults and learning how it can help build a health promoting and positive relationship with food.
- Exploring strategies for helping children and adults make sleep, physical activity, nutrition and mindfulness a priority
Program AgendaDownload the program agenda
Forum DetailsCost to attend: $90.00 Friday, December 1, 2017 8:00 am - 3:15 pm Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel 1715 Wellington Avenue Winnipeg, MB R3H 0G1 View Map >
We are grateful for the support of our event sponsor:
Sorry, registration is now closed. Please check back again, or join our mailing list to be the first to know when registration opens.