Teacher Training | Grade 10
The Adolescent Consumer recognizes many teens at this age make their own food decisions. The program offers practical information for making food choices in a variety of environments.This interactive teacher workshop uses many tools to help students develop practical skills. Students will learn to sort fact from fiction in fast food, use labels to make food choices, understand Food Guide Serving Sizes and dietary fat, and learn how eating on the run can still be healthy. Nutrition for health promotion and disease prevention is covered in a teen-friendly fashion.
This interactive teacher workshop will include:
- Teacher’s Guide – lesson plans, teaching ideas, student activities, and assessment tools (use the same description with the
- USB – Contains student activity sheets (French and English) designed for use with Smartboard
Nutrition is a cross-curricular topic. Meet outcomes in many other subjects while teaching nutrition.Contact us to learn more
What comes with the program
The following resources are provided at no cost to workshop participants
Teacher guide with teacher background information, teaching ideas, and student activities and handouts
Contains student activity sheets (English and French) designed for use with Smartboard
Materials available for purchase
Food Picture Cards (Bilingual)
A set of 103 food pictures with a food group legend on the back (5”x7”cards).
Food Guide Rainbow
This re-useable fabric rainbow (approx. 24”x40”) can be incorporated into many nutrition activities at any grade level.
Food Guide Serving Size Poster
This two sided poster shows a food guide rainbow on one side and several meals and snacks on the other; both include life-size food guide servings.
Sharing nutrition information with parents can:
- Help families understand what students learn about nutrition and food.
- Support classroom learning in the home.
- Update parents on nutritional information.
- Communicate with families to encourage healthful eating habits at home.