When Does Healthy Eating Become Unhealthy? (Webinar Recording)
This webinar recording, When Does Healthy Eating Become Unhealthy?, aired on March 24, 2022. You can find a link to the recording below. Join our free webinar to learn how to spot diet culture and ways to support children and youth (and ourselves) towards a more positive relationship with food! Everyone is welcome.
Summary of Webinar:
In this webinar, you will learn ways to promote positive relationships with food and body by exploring:
- The meaning of ‘healthy eating’ and ‘health’,
- The nuances of diet culture,
- How to spot diet culture and consider its impact on mental health,
- Alternatives to the ways we talk about food, bodies and movement, and
- How you can apply this in everyday life and your work with children and youth.
We will be sharing resources, information on our workshops, and much more!
- Addressing Weight Bias Fact Sheet – Ontario Dietitians in Public Health
- Disordered Eating Fact Sheet – Jessie’s Legacy
- Resource List for Eating Disorders – NEDIC
- Understanding Food and Weight Preoccupation in Youth (Educator’s Guide) – NEDIC
- Do No Harm Poster for Educators – NEDIC